We are in search of a Weighbridge Officer to provide efficient and effective weighbridge operation for the facility, whilst also delivering key administration tasks for the Site Manager. Daily duties will include weight entry into the weighbridge system.
Entries will require inputs of both hazardous and non-hazardous material inputs and the accurate completion of all associated hazardous documentation.
- Ensure adherence to all the safety procedures/requirements while executing your duties.
- Safeguard the company against the loss of revenue or stocks by ensuring that all trucks in and out of the Plant are weighed appropriately and report any exceptions to your supervisor immediately.
- Ensure that the truck is properly positioned on the weighbridge then receive the loading/delivery documents from the driver to verify that they match the physical truck on the weighbridge.
- Retrieve the details of the truck and take the first weight. On the inbound process, check first that the weight is optimal; if the truck is overloaded reject it by denying it entry into the Quarry and informing the security officer so that they can ensure that the truck exits.
- Issue the loading document to the driver on the outbound process and release the truck for loading/off-loading.
- Following truck loading and proper positioning on the weighbridge, take the second weight if it is within the set tolerance limit. If the truck is under /overweight, print the rejection slip with the reason indicated, issue it to the driver and send him back to the Packing Plant for corrective action. This case must be recorded in the exception case report.
- Following truck off-loading and proper positioning on the weighbridge confirm the truck has off-loaded all the material. If for some reason, the truck has not off-loaded everything, acknowledge the transaction in WIMS as a part receipt and take the weight. If the truck has off-loaded all the material, acknowledge the transaction in WIMS as a full receipt and take the weight.
- Following the second weight, the weighbridge ticket and delivery note/goods issue note will be printed. Issue the relevant copies of the documents to the driver and retain the rest for eventual forward to customer service center/production clerk and own filing.
- Prepare daily weighbridge reports and treat all documents/information as confidential. It is considered unethical to divulge any information to external parties without authorization.
- Check proper function of the weighbridge, communication, and computer equipment, and timely replacement of printer cartridges and printing paper to avoid any truck delays. Report any malfunction immediately it’s noted as per the escalation procedure and follow up on the repair.
- Ensure proper housekeeping around the weighbridge and especially the gaps between the weighing platform and the foundation for accurate weighing.
- Ensure that any exceptions are brought to the attention of the management as necessary to protect the company’s interest
Qualifications & Requirements
- 1-3 Experience in the field
- Must have at least an OND qualification
- Good communication skill
- Must-Have a good background in mathematics
- High work standards
- Attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- IT proficient in word, excel, and outlook
- Previous weighbridge experience
- Environmental Legislation
Note: Interested, qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter as an attachment using the Job Title as the subject of the mail